One might say I had a break through performance last night! You would not believe the love and support my fellow yogis have given me here. My first night week three was a train wreck as you know ending in tears. I gathered myself and tried again on Tuesday doing a little better but was told that I had to get rid of my self doubt demons. I had many people come up to me and tell me how they love my voice and how warm and friendly my aura was. Many have come up and been so complimentary about my presence, my looks....to the point of embarrassment. One said... It is crazy you don't see yourself as we do. On Wednesday I gave my presentation in from of Monoli, the director of our program. She was sweet but I did poorly. But I was changing because I was becoming less sensitive to "failing" in front of others. Day four I presented Awkward in front of Badwan, super sweet Indian. I passed, but only because he was so kind. OK so Friday, it was time for Eagle my favorite posture. This is the pose I think helped me have Dante and Stone. I went to class armed with love and less fear. I volunteered early and did a pretty good job. Like 70% improvement. The comments were that I needed to learn to speak louder and project my voice which is much better then getting rid if the giant cloud! It felt great, even better was how many struggled. I am not alone!
In other news, weight loss is solid. Nearly 5 kilos. However, in exchange my face is breaking out like a teenage boy!
It is raining so hard. For the next 48 hours the conditions will be cyclonic! We are not allowed to go to the beach. We will all be forced to study our dialog. We also have a mid term exam on Monday in Anatomy. Not sure how I am going to get all this studying done. They have created a class for those of us struggling with dialog. My friends and I are calling it the short bus class. Anyhow....that's were I am off too!
Parvanah, you are amazing! Sorry for the radio silence--was out of town and did not have easy access to your blog. Congratulations for your incredible progression this week! You should be SO proud! I am so glad to hear you got your own room--your roommate was nuts to not want AC--enjoy your space and grab sleep whenever you can. Sending you so much love, Maria
ReplyDeleteThis would be incredible except that it's perfection! So wonderful to hear the outpouring of support and truth from your peers. They get you!!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete