Saturday, October 11, 2014

They tried to kill us this week!

It's Sunday, our one free day of the week.   I am physically and mentally exhausted.  Home sickness is hitting hard.  Weekends are actually worse for that because you have a minute to think.  Last week each day they made the room hotter and hotter.  By Wednesday it was out of control.   We had a two hour night class where litterly 10 people had to be carried out of the room.   It was fairly dramatic.   You could see their muscles cramping and some were in tremendous pain.  We had a teacher who is a little arrogant and unrelenting.   He wouldn't open the doors to save any of us.   I am not sure why?   And to top it off he would say things like....let me show you my triangle....its the second best in the world.  And then....he'd do it....and we'd watch only glad to be able to have a wee break.  I ran out of the room after that class and bought a huge bottle of water and drank it all down immediately.   I really have no idea where all the water I drink goes.   On Friday night I found out that there is a problem with the heat.  They have not figured out the apparent temperature.   This is how hot it feels with humidity and heat factored.   The intention is to challenge us, but we are suppose to be able to reach the full expression of each posture.   But what we are focusing on mostly is just trying to stand upright, not puke and balance.   I was getting frustrated because I have not been able to really improve my postures.   But on Saturday morning we had a class taught by Bikrams wife.  I am not putting her name down because I'd spell it wrong and I don't have strong enough internet to look it up.  
:(  Anyhow, it was amazing.   A pivotable moment in my experience here.   She taught a beautiful class filled with love and insight.  I had one of my best classes.   I pushed hard and deep.   I learned things about the postures.  And she opened the doors and gave us air twice!!!!!!!   She will be teaching us about each posture next week after our anatomy final.   I couldn't be more excited.  She has reinvigorated me.

My friendships continue to deepen.   I have also reached out to many to improve my dialog.   Today I have to learn standing separate leg stretching, Triangle. Head to knee and tree for next week.   Fairly freaked.  Oh...and study for anatomy final.   Ugh.  But last night we went to an Italian resteraunt and had a nice dinner for Marta's birthday.  And then watched a movie with Bre.   We can rent really bad movies here.   We got to watch Step Up 4.   So good?!

Miss my peeps back home.  Sending you all love.

3 comments:

  1. Miss you!!! Step Up 4 - would have loved to watch that. Right up my alley. Awfully good. Had dinner w Jen B and Courtney and talked about you a little, with love and missing! You're just about at half way mark, right?!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parvanah, you are amazing!!! The dinner at the Italian place looks like it was really fun. Bikram's wife sounds wonderful! That's great that you are going to get more classes with her. The heat really sounds ridiculous--hope they get that figured out. I understand the weekends being tougher for homesickness...hang in there and make whatever nice weekend plans you have the energy for. If you need a lift, make a list of the things there you really love and hang it somewhere you can see it. If you need to vent, write down what is making you crazy and then do a ceremonial destruction of that description! When homesickness hits hardest, let yourself express it, and then seek out a friend, go for a walk, watch a movie, read a book, do something to put your mind elsewhere. I am sure you are going to do great with your poses next week!!! My favorite breakfast in Thailand is rice soaked in coconut milk and baked in a banana leaf...please eat some for me. :) I love you--you are great! xxoo Maria

    ReplyDelete