Monday, October 6, 2014

My body hurts!

I have been surprised how well I have felt since I got here.   I had nightmares about how hard two practices a day would be.   But, until now, it has been fairly manageable.  My body is really stiff this week.   The morning practices are flat out hard.   I almost feel like I am regressing.  In standing head to knee, I am having a hard time stretching my legs out.   Feels like I might pop my hammys.    It has also been really hot and over the top humid in our yoga room.   So much so that the mirrors fog up to over six feet high.  Meaning no one can see themselves.    I am better in the afternoon but sitting in anatomy class and posture clinics all night is flat out torture.  Anyhow....week four for most of us is about pushing through the stiffness and staying present through the pain.

I did standing head to knee last night.   I did pretty good.   I got most of the words out...which is a first for me.   The coach did notice my nerves but just said to act more like a teacher which is the correct feedback because thru my nerves I am rather childish on goofy.

I am pretty sure I aced the anatomy test.  It was pretty easy so no pats on the back there.

Today is Marta's birthday.   It's is hard to really spoil a friend here the way I like to spoil someone.   Our schedule is relentless and there is no access to cute gift stores or anything.   I made a card for her out of a page of our syllabus and I went in with our gang to treat her to a massage at the spa.  All 333 sang to her and a cake will be delivered to her room this afternoon during anatomy.  So tonight we will sing to her at dinner.  So I guess it won't be the worst day for her!!!

So the rain is ridiculous!  It is too much!  My hands are perminant pruned.   Rain rain go away!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on standing head to knee! Sounds like you did fabulously. :) Also congrats on acing the anatomy test! I bet Marta is having a fabulous birthday with all that you guys are doing for her. The heat/humidity in the classroom sounds insane--good for you for powering through that and the stiffness. Hope the rain stops soon! You are a champion! xxoo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parvanah, I am so proud of you as I read these posts. You are inspiring, fierce and so vulnerable in it all! Keep up everything you are doing. You are on an amazing path. I can't wait to hear more!
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete