Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week one complete!

Saturday we have one class in the morning and then we are off for the weekend.   Our morning glass today was brilliant.   So much energy.   So wonderfully only 90 minutes.   After class many of us jumped into the pools and started our free time with a splash!  ;) After breakfast we piled into an open back truck/van and were taken to the Big C.   A local supermarket that was in between Wajamai and Walmart.   No pharmacy so no luck there.   The ride was hot and sweaty and very 3rd country.   And then coming back we were twice as squished with all our groceries on us.   It wasn't as fun as we wanted it to be.   When we got back my new friend Marta and Michael and I went to the beach and swam in the 80 degree ocean.   I have never been in a warmer body of ocean water.   It was fantastic!  Then....I went down the beach and got a Thai massage for $12.  1 hour.   Waves crashing, my body twisting and guilt setting in realizing how fantastic this all is.  Now Marta and Michael are both gay....I think.   Michael teaches Pilate's in Dublin and has a nibble ring.   Marta is from Italy but lives in Dublin and really couldn't be less girly.   I adore them.   We went bowling tonight after dinner and laughed like little kids.   I taught Michael how to bowl and he ended up beating me.   So he is king bowler for the night.   Tomorrow I must spend studying because on Monday I plan to present my dialog in front of Bikram and the 333.   But today I felt human after a very grueling week, you might even say child-like.   It was magical!

4 comments:

  1. Made me so, so happy to read this. Am confident you will do well on Monday. Keep us posted,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to enjoy your day off! Sounds like a wonderful day. Thai massage is the best. You are going to do fabulous on Monday!!! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Pavey for taking such good care of you this weekend. Massage and swim is just what the Dr ordered. Isn't the sea water amazing? I swam everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parvanah, I love that you are posting. You are definitely on our minds here in Seattle. We're all routing for you. Love, Laura and all of us at The SweatBox

    ReplyDelete