Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My first pose!

Well you all know I am petrified of public speaking so this experience of teaching half moon was beyond my comfort zone.   My pals Michael and Marta and I sat in the seats to present on Monday.  It took till Tuesday to get to us.   I'd practiced saying it a 100 times.   I hadn't really got to a point where I felt strong but I did think I would make it through it....mostly because the audience prompts you the moment you hesitate.   All three if us where very nervous.   Marta went up and rocked it with her beautiful Italian accent.   Michael flew through his and was asked to slow down a bit but we knew that would happen as he practices at high speed.  I went on the stage with my heart in my throat.   I grabbed the microphone for the first time EVER....and introduced myself.   I was shocked at the sound of my voice in the speakers.   I really liked it.   I began "teaching" my three students on the stage with my back to the 333 and i did well until I got to "you should feel a stretching sensation" and Bikram stopped me.   "Sensation sounds a little sexy".... That word is not there.  The class laughed.  I blushed.  I started again.   Again....got to stretching and added sensation.   Which isn't in the dialog.   He said....ah ah ah.   I think u like the sexy sensation.    I think u should teach private lessons.  You would make so much money.  You have no idea!!!!   So...that was that.  The class was in hysterics.   I was blushing.   My sensational dialog delivered!

5 comments:

  1. I love this post, P! Congratulations to you!!! I think it is absolutely amazing that you did this! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you got through it and added a little " you " to the presentation. On to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete