Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Just finished our evening Halloween class.   Many of the students dressed up.   It was a lot of fun prior to class but then they put up a dull teacher and our moods melted with our costume make up.  I have had a rough couple of days in class.  Yesterday I had to sit on the floor from standing bow on because I wasn't able to stand without blacking out.   It is amazing how emotional that situation is.   I want to practice.   I want to be good but I can't even stand up.  I gather they are trying to break us down (still) so that we have compassion for our students.   I'd like to say....I get it.....please allow us some good classes so we can go home feeling good about our practice.  They did however flick on a strobe light and played Thriller through our savasana.  It turned into a two minute sweaty make up smeared danced party.   Rather surreal actually!

Our week was a dialog marathon.   We had poster clinics morning and night.  I had a beautiful teacher from Singapore on day one.   She was so lovely, again suggesting I get rid of my self doubt and just say what I was to say without doubt even if it was off dialog.  The next day we did the entire spine series.  Four postures.   I invested all my eggs into Cobra.  And did well....and basically did the next three off the cusp.  And it turns out....for me....off the cusp is better.   I am not being anal about getting every word but rather just being me.   I got to see a glimpse of me in the future....and she looks and sounds good!!!!  This morning Nick's mom taught.   Her dialog was way off, but her love and energy was up.   If she can teach this giant class off 333 highly critical yoga students/would be teachers.....I can teach.....anywhere.

We are all starting to realize our time is almost over here.  On one hand we can't wait to see our friends and family but on the other hand we are getting sad because we won't see each other again soon.   My posse lives in Brighton, Dublin, Hamburg, Carmel and Kansas City.  We have been living in each others pockets here.   From 8 am til 2 am we sweat together, eat together, go to class, study together, cry and laugh and this week we've had a lot of puking!  We spend more time together than we spend with any one person at home, so the bonding has been quick.  Two of my pals have committed to next years pumpkin party!   Can't wait for my peeps back home to meet some of my yogi pals.   You'll love them.

We ended the week with the staff telling us their Bikram Yoga stories.  All had amazing stories.  Suicide attempts, cancer recovery, overweight, high power job overload....all wonderful to hear.    Each one more incredible than the last.  It inspired me to keep on my path.  This practice is amazing, it is healing (mind, body and soul) and its community is world wide.   I now have friends all over the world who will open there homes and invite me to teach in their studios.

The last thing we did last night was listen to Monali do a meditation.  It was beautiful!  We left in perfect silence and it was incredibly peaceful and beautiful.

Don't worry....I haven't gone completely yogi...can't wait for a COCKTAIL!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing amazing! Love your journey. So physically intense- can't believe you are blacking out and your body is just maxed. And at the same time your body is better than ever in terms of what it can do. You're gonna need a phase-out plan so it doesn't go into withdrawal shock, right?! Can't wait for you to get home and try teaching here and experience what you already know- that everything you've been challenged to do was meant to prepare you to be totally awesome! And you will be!

    ReplyDelete